Dexterity and Perception Enhancement for Robots
Development of manipulation and perception technologies for improved tele-manipulation and rendering of vibro-acoustic contact events via a novel tele-grip haptic interface.
This project aligns well with Toyota’s broad interest in robotics: tele-, semi-autonomous and fully autonomous, In particular it addresses increased dexterity and perception.
- Develop family of Vibro-Acoustic Robot (VAR) modules
- In tele-grip configuration uses these modules to demonstrate high-fidelity remote grasping
- Investigate vibro-acoustic robot (VAR) methods
- Contact event detection and reasoning
- Contact location estimation
- Tele-robotic display of vibro-acoustic events
- Contact sound modeling for robot manipulation